If you are new to using blockchain apps, you may think it’s hard to get started. But, in the past few years, decentralized applications, dApps, have become as simple as can be. Here, a simple guide to creating your first ERC20 wallet with Metamask.
What is Metamask?
Metamask is arguably the most popular web3 wallet for ERC-20 protocol tokens. This wallet is multi-system (it can be used on Android, iOS and Chrome and other mainstream desktop browsers), 100% compatible with any token on the Ethereum network, and user-friendly.
Download and Install Metamask
Go to https://metamask.io/download.html and pick the system where you will use MetaMask
- For more convenience, we will follow the steps to create a wallet on a desktop device. Later, you can sync that wallet using the mobile apps if you’d like to use Metamask on your phone. Compatible browsers:
Click on the browser icon to complete the installation
2. You will be prompted to add the plugin on your current browser. Accept to continue.
3. A new tab will open to create your first wallet, click on Get Started:
4. Now, you will be prompted to create a new wallet or import an existing one. Click on Create wallet:
6. Now, you will receive a seed phrase, a password with a set of words, write them down in paper. You may use a notebook in this step.
7. You will be asked to introduce the seed phrase, i.e. each word in the same order, to verify it is correct.
8. You are done! Just click on the Metamask logo to access your wallet. You should introduce a regular password to log in on the plugin every time you reopen your browser for security.
9. Now, you can make use of your new wallet to receive cryptocurrency.
- Never disclose your seed phrase, anyone with that information can access your wallet
- Don’t share your plugin password, either
- Only use Metamask in browsers/apps installed in your personal devices
How do you get USDC, ETH or other cryptocurrencies?
You can buy ETH directly from your Metamask wallet using the built-in Wyre feature that allows you to add a credit/debit card for purchases. You may also receive ETH or other ERC-20 tokens directly to your wallet. It is also possible to swap ETH for USDC using the swap feature or you may purchase USDC using an exchange and then send the token to your Metamask wallet.
- Compare prices and fees of service providers before making purchases
- Swaps are sometimes cheaper in other providers
- If transactions fees are too high (more than some dollars), you may wait some hours. Fees fluctuate within the ETH network according to the worldwide cryptocurrency activity
What is the HFI smart contract?
Who is behind Holder.Finance?
The project lead is @RRisMyMan aka Crypto Cowboy. 37 years old man from France. He has been involved in crypto and blockchain since 2016 and managed an ICO back in 2018. He is the creator of HFi with a wealth of experience in project management, community management and team management within the blockchain as well as the Aviation industry,
The lead developer is @gordongekkoIT aka Andrea. He started to code in 1996 and started in Blockchain in 2011. Andrea has built more than 100 Smart contracts in Solidity.
Community Manager is @andyxeth. Andy is 39 years old and based in the UK. He is a Cyber Security expert and currently a Senior Manager working for a global powerhouse. Andy discovered Crypto during the 2017 bull run. Andy is also Community Manager at @xETHG_Official.
Business Development Manager is @don_salal. He has 15+ years of experience in the IT sector, mainly as SAP Technology engineer/architect & Cloud solutions architect. He joined crypto in 2016 and is a real enthusiast when it comes to how the crypto technology operates and evolves.
Marketing Manager is @Cesarlpb. César is a senior writer for startups with years of experience in blockchain projects. He has successfully overseen ICOs for tens of projects since 2017, experienced in managing PRs, marketing strategies, and media outlet diffusion. Lately, he’s involved with some promising DeFi startups looking to find their rightful place in the growing crypto market.
Once presale is complete, what are the next steps?
The info regarding the roadmap goals including their timelines is described in the whitepaper: https://holder.finance/assets/doc/white_paper.pdf
The following will be launched after the presale has been closed:
- Listing of $HFi & $HFS
- Genesis mining for $HFi
- Staking contract
I’m not clear with Metamask, how can I solve doubts?
Worry not, drop us any question on our main Telegram group: https://t.me/holder_finance and/or check the FAQ section on Metamask website: https://metamask.io/faqs.html. We will help you with any step of the process.
How to sync Metamask with Ledger Nano Hardware?
You can connect your Ledger wallet to MetaMask and use dApps and make transactions in a much safer way.
In this guide, I’ll show you how to connect Ledger Nano X to MetaMask and use MetaMask with Ledger Nano X.
There are mainly two reasons you may want to use MetaMask with your Ledger Nano X wallet. One is to manage your ERC-721 tokens, aka crypto-collectables, in MetaMask and the other reason is to use dApps and make transactions without fear of getting hacked.
To connect your Ledger Nano X wallet to MetaMask, you first need to allow contract data in transactions on your device to be able to connect your device to MetaMask.
You can enable contract data by clicking on the Ethereum app on your Ledger Nano X device and then settings.
After enabling contract data on your device, log in to your MetaMask wallet in your browser and click on ”connect hardware wallet”.
First, plug your Ledger Nano X device into your computer via USB, and don’t open Ledger Live app. After your device is plugged in, choose ”Ledger” and click on the ”connect” button in MetaMask.
Choose ”Ledger Live” and first address, and click on the ”unlock” button.
You can also manage your non-fungible tokens in MetaMask. To sign transactions, you always need your Nano X device to be plugged in.
💬Telegram (Group): https://t.me/holder_finance
📹Official YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3tpr3kt687StbbsSAwJl7w
💰HFi Private Sale info: https://holder.finance/#privatesale
🌐HFS Private Sale site: https://holder.finance/lge/